Bhakti Yoga Immersion Retreat
January 12th – 25th, 2018
The term Bhakti comes from the root ‘Bhaj’, which means ‘to be attached to God’. Bhajan, worship and Bhakti are synonymous terms. Bhakti is love for love’s sake. The devotee wants God and God alone. There is no selfish expectation here. There is no fear. The devotee feels, believes, conceives and imagines that his Ishtam (tutelary deity) is an Ocean of Love or Prem In this Spiritual Retreat in Goa India, this is one unique opportunity to merge in to Bhakti and dive deep into the spiritual aspects of yoga.
In the Srimad-Bhagavata and the Vishnu Purana it is told that the nine forms of Bhakti are:
- Sravana (hearing of God’s Lilas and stories),
- Kirtana (singing of His glories),
- Smarana (remembrance of His name and presence),
- Padasevana (service of His feet),
- Archana (worship of God),
- Vandana (prostration to Lord),
- Dasya (cultivating the Bhava of a servant with God),
- Sakhya (cultivation of the friend-Bhava) and
- Atmanivedana (complete surrender of the self).
A devotee can practice any method of Bhakti which suits him best; through that he will attain Divine illumination.
“Bhakti softens the heart and removes jealousy, hatred, lust, anger, egoism, pride and arrogance. It infuses joy, divine ecstasy, bliss, peace and knowledge. All cares, worries and anxieties, fears, mental torments and tribulations entirely vanish. The devotee is freed from the Samskaric wheel of births and deaths. He attains the immortal abode of everlasting peace, bliss and knowledge.
Knowledge or wisdom will dawn by itself when you practice Bhakti Yoga. Bhakti is the pleasant, smooth, direct road to God. Bhakti is sweet in the beginning, sweet in the middle and sweet in the end. It gives the highest, undecaying bliss.”
January 12th, Friday : Get together at 4:30 PM followed by dinner.
January 25th, Thursday : Retreat ends after Brunch at 11 AM.
The program for Bhakti Yoga Immersion Retreat Goa India at SWAN will be as follows:
- 0600 to 0645: Morning Meditation.
- 0700 to 0730: Puja (Rituals theory and practice)
- 0730 to 0830: Hawan (fire rituals with chanting of mantras)
- 1000 to 1100: Brunch
- 1130 to 1215: Yoga Nidra
- 1330 to 1500: Lecture
- 1600 to 1730: Asana
- 1800 to 1900: Dinner
- 1930 to —— : Stories and Kirtan *
You will learn about:
- Gita 12th Chapter on Bhakti Yoga and few other shlokas from Bhagwad Gita on Bhakti Yoga/Surrender.
- Stories from Mahabharata on Shri Krishna.
- Events from Ramcharitmanas explaining devotion/surrender/life/God.
- Narada Bhakti Sutras.
- Hanuman Chalisa.
*Please note that schedule is subject to change
We have three types of accommodation & the price for Spiritual Bhakti Yoga Retreat would be as under:
Please e-mail us at email@example.com for more information